Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
One-in-ten eligible voters will be members of Generation Z, the Americans who will be between the ages 18 and 23 in 2020. Their votes have the power to enact great change at the polls. But learning about how the voting process works and getting registered can seem overwhelming.
We hope the resources in this guide will simplify the process and help you prepare to go to the polls!
The Election Process
What you need to know to register, find your polling place, and prepare to vote!
October 5, 2020:
- Deadline to register to vote
October 19, 2020:
- Early voting begins for the General Election between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday, and 10:00 am –4:00 pm on Saturday. Early voting ends at 5:00 pm on the Monday prior to the election.
- Ark. Code § 7-5-418(a)(1)(A)
November 3, 2020:
- General Election Ark. Code § 7-10-102
- Nonpartisan Runoff Election Ark. Code § 7-10-102(c)(2)
- Annual School Election (If held in November) Ark. Code§ 6-14-102(a)(1)
- Deadline to apply to register to vote –Sunday, October 4, 2020*
- Deadline is Monday, October 5, 2020
- Ark. Code § 7-5-201(a); Arkansas Constitution,Amendment 51
*Deadlines that fall on a weekend or holiday will advance to the next business day.
Arkansas 2020 Election Calendar (Downloadable, printable PDF document)
2020 Presidential Election Countdown