Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome To NPC Library!
In this guide, you will find expectations of a student assistant in the library and general library training resources to make your time here at our library a success. You can find information on library services such as printing; computer use; borrowing, requesting, and renewing library materials; study spaces; and more.
We welcome questions so if you have any, at any time, let us know!
In an effort to professionalize student employment, NPC Library directors and staff have created Learning Outcomes to foster meaningful work. Students who participate in library student employment will be able to:
- Students will be able to respond with diplomacy and composure.
- Students will be able to keep others informed.
- Students will be able to have strong listening skills.
- Students will be able to convey information in both verbal and written formats.
- Students will be able to ask thoughtful questions.
Strong Work Ethic
- Students will be timely in attendance and physically and mentally ready for work.
- Students will be able to manage time effectively, committing to work schedules.
Accountability and Integrity
- Students will be able to cooperate with others.
- Students will be able to actively contribute to team initiatives.
- Students will be able to convey enthusiasm in work.
- Students will be proud to be a Nighthawk, and will show their pride with their work in the library.
- Students will be able to evaluate personal performance and remain open to improvement.
- Students will be able to use technology effectively.
- Students will be able to actively seek out resources to complete tasks.
- Students will be receptive to taking on additional tasks and learning new skills.
- Students will be able to identify common information sources on the library’s website.
- Students will be able to circulate and process materials using the TLC (The Library Corporation) program.
- Students will be able to locate and shelve library materials.