Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Ethical Principles
The NPC Library staff is committed to providing the highest level of ethical standards to our students. Our commitment includes conducting ourselves with the highest ethical behavior; dealing honestly and fairly with all library patrons; embracing free expression of ideas and opinions; and promoting diversity, cultural awareness, and individuality.
- The NPC Library strives to provide the highest level of service to all library patrons with the use of appropriate and organized resources; equitable service policies; equitable access; and accurate, unbiased, and courteous responses to all requests.
- The NPC Library collaborates with the educational mission of our institution to develop and support information-literate learners who can discover, access, and use information for academic success.
- The NPC Library procures and develops materials that are aligned with the institution‘s accreditation.
- The NPC Library ensures access to collections that are sufficient in depth, diversity, format, and currency to support learning.
- The NPC Library supports academic integrity and deters plagiarism through policy, technology, and education.
- The NPC Library protects patrons’ user rights to privacy and confidentiality while resisting any censorship of library resources. Intellectual property rights and the avocation of the balance of information between information users and property rights are respected.
- The NPC Library collaborates with faculty to incorporate library collections and services into effective curricular and co-curricular experiences for all formats of course delivery for students.
- The NPC Library sustains an IT infrastructure to keep up with current advances in teaching and technology especially for students who do not have resources at home.
- The NPC Library librarians are committed to on-going professional development and maintaining enhanced knowledge and skills sets.
- The NPC Library staff treats all co-workers and colleagues with respect, fairness, and ensures the working environment safeguards our employees and the welfare of the institution.